These workshops are designed to introduce you to the absorbing craft of patchwork.
You will learn how to use equipment, accurately piece blocks and learn various different block techniques.
For each workshop you will need a sewing machine in good working order, which has been PAT tested, also a ¼” foot for your machine.
You will also need a cutting mat, ruler and rotary cutter. We will send you a list of any other requirements, nearer the time.
The general content of each workshop is listed below:
Session 1 – Saturday 5th September 2020
- How to use your rotary cutter, rulers and mat
- Fabrics – putting colours and designs together
- Different types of wadding
- Sewing machine feet
- You will make a 9-patch block.
Session 2 – Saturday 3rd October 2020
- Making ½ square and ¼ square triangles
- Designing a block.
Session 3 – Saturday 7th November 2020
- Adding borders and bindings to a quilt or block
- How to layer-up your work.
- How to ‘quilt as you go’.
- Different quilting techniques.
Session 4 – Saturday 5th December 2020
- Machine appliqué, using adhesive web and freezer paper.
- Simple foundation piecing.
Venue: The Lighthouse, 131 Hargham Road, Attleborough, Norfolk NR17 2JP
Cost: Members: £25 each workshop or £90 for the course.
While it isn’t essential that members sign up for all four workshops, we strongly encourage you to do so, in order to benefit completely from the course.
As an incentive, we are offering a ‘deal’ – if you sign up for all four workshops the total cost will be £90 (10% discount off the full price).